Dog Grooming Salon responsible for dog death faces backlash!
24 Aug 2016
| by |
Think before you leave your dog at a grooming salon. Recently, a family pet died after returning from a round trip to a dog groomer. A place called “Shaggy Dog” provides services to groom your dog. It is located in Sterling Heights. The dog owners left their dog for grooming procedure. But the poor little pooch was returned wrapped in a towel. Apparently, the reason behind the death of the dog is the chemicals. The mutt was soaked in chemicals, which resulted in his death.
Image Source: Foxnews
After the complaint was filed against “Shaggy Dog” groomer, more people came forward with similar complaints against the salon. When we talk about violence or cruelty against pets, the laws don’t help much. With this incident coming to light, numerous pet owners decided to protest against the cruelty to animals.
The Shaggy Dog Grooming has been facing a lot of harsh reaction from people around, specifically, from the owners whose beloved pet was happy and healthy and chemicals made him go away from them forever.
According to the grapevine, a similar incident also happened in 2007. A family pet passed away after being left for a long time in the cage under the hot dryer. A couple of months before that, a dog owner, Joanne Gouleche was informed her pooch, Gunner ran away. Gouleche explains saying, “She said, well, we had him harnessed in the back of the building to a fence and he wiggled himself out of that harness.” Sadly, Gunner was never found. She also mentioned, “This is like a drunk driver who has been on the road, he's had how many convictions and he's still driving, this is the same thing.”
As per few animal advocacy groups, Shaggy Dog Grooming has also been accused of selling dogs from pup mills. We hope that government takes a strict action towards and provide justice soon.