6 best fruits and veggies for your dog
07 Aug 2016 | by | Posted in:
As dog owners, it’s understandable if you want to feed your dog while you have your lunch or dinner. Instead of giving your pooch a bite of whatever you are eating, it’s better to feed them a wholesome meal that’ll keep them healthy.
While, your dog may be a carnivore but fruits and veggies are equally important for its diet as they can actually help it in gaining nutrients. You do want to keep your doggy healthy, don’t you?
Image source: www.petnet.io
Have a look at 6 best fruits and veggies for your dog:
1. Apple – “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” is not only true for humans but also for your cute little companion. Apple is an essential source of Vitamin A, C and fibre. Seeds and core should be removed before serving them apples as they may cause choking.
Image source: www.blog.v-dog.com
2. Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin A, E, C and minerals like potassium and calcium. Wash sweet potatoes thoroughly before serving them to your dog and remember to avoid sugar laced potato. Have a look as this dog enjoying sweet potato biscuits!
Image source: www.thelittleepicturean.com
3. Watermelon –Watermelon is a great source of vitamins and it is made up of 92% water so it will definitely help you keep your pup hydrated in summers. Remember to remove the seeds and rind of the watermelon before serving it to your dog!
Image source: www.blog.pawedin.com
4. Carrots –Carrots are high in fibre and low in calorie. They are actually really good for your pet’s teeth, eyesight and skin.
Image source: www.munch.zone
5. Green beans – A fantastic filling snack, green beans are full of vitamins, nutrients and come packed with superpowers in the form of good health for your dog.
Image source: www.petmd.com
6. Blueberries - Blueberries are not only super rich in antioxidants, but also in fibre. Due to the existence of antioxidants, they help prevent urinary tract infections, cancer, heart diseases and cell damage in humans as well as dogs.
Image source: www.herdogblog.com
Keep your dog healthy by feeding him right. Do share some pics of your dogs relishing some of these nutritious fruits and veggies...