Born Blind and Unwanted, Smiley now cares for Mentally Ill and Disabled People!
03 Dec 2015
| by |
Despite having been blind since birth, and raised in a puppy-mill, Smiley the cute Golden Retriever does not seem to have anything to be glum about! This perpetually happy pupling is so motivated, loving and joyful that he works as a therapy dog as well, who spreading his joy to mentally-ill and disabled patients every week!
Stacey Morrison- the photographer behind this beautiful photo session with Smiley, was amazed at his willpower to live, and had this to say about him; “Smiley bumps into things a lot. Also, as I quickly learned, when he is running towards you, he does not know when to stop! But then otherwise he gets along just fine. Infact, as he’s going about his doggy business, like sniffing, frolicking, nuzzling, listening — you completely forget that he has a disability!”
Smiley’s owner, a professional dog trainer named Joanne says, “
it’s important that he explores his surroundings by himself, using his own instincts, with out people hovering over him or cringing every time he bumps into something.“
Here are some pictures depicting Smiley's story and every day life.. See them and fall in love with Smiley!!!
1. Joanne found Smiley dumped in a Puppy Mill. Nobody needed him as he was a differently-abled dog!
2. Smiley was born without eyes. Doctors had to sew his eyes shut to stop his infections.
3. Smileys bumps into a lot of things, but with every incidence he learns a thing or two about life :)
4. Whatever may be the case with Smiley, Joanne loves him more than anything in this world!
5. Smiley works as a licensed therapy dog for mentally ill and disabled patients.
6. Smiley likes to introduce himself to everyone! How could you not fall in love with this face.
7. Some of his patients never smile except for when Smiley visits!
8. Smiley may not see the real world, but he loves the world Joanne has built for him!!
9. Smiley is completely in-tune with Joanne! From footsteps to voice, her cues tell him if he is safe or if there's an obstacle!
10. From kids to adults, Smiley's story is an inspiration for millions worldwide!