How To Choose The Right Wireless Dog Fences
12 Dec 2008
| by |
Choosing the right wireless fences for your dog may be a little complicated if you don’t know what you should look for. Nowadays, you can buy a wide range of dog fences in the market and each of them functions in a different way. In order to make the right choice, you need to consider several things such as your needs, budget and quality of product.
Here are some tips on choosing the right wireless dog fences:
• Choose a wireless fence that is suitable to your dog. The design of dog fence you’re purchasing should match the size of your canine. Take note that wireless fences are created differently. There are fences that are specifically designed for small, medium and big dog breeds.
• Determine the size of your yard or your preferred containment location. Will you put the fence indoor or outdoor? Measure the desired area in diameters before buying a wireless fence. If you decide on setting up a fence with covers a large area, you may need to buy an extra transmitter.
• To make the installation job easier for you, select a wireless fence system with accompanying training flags. These can assist you in finding out the accurate boundaries for your dog. A complete package should also include other items such as receiver collar, transmitter and batteries. If any of these things are missing, don’t buy that product.
• Check the product and service warranty of the wireless fences you plan to purchase. This will allow you to return or replace the item if it malfunctions within the warranty period. Once the fence is delivered, inspect it for any damage. Bear in mind that an improperly designed wireless fence can make unwanted levels of correction that may harm or even kill your pet.
• An ideal wireless fence package must also have a training guidebook. Remember that a wireless fence is useless without consistent dog training. With the help of a guidebook, you can train your pet to understand where the boundary is.