• We Are Hiring
  • WAGpedia
  • Articles
    • Whatsapp
      • DogSpot makes shopping easier via instant messaging!
        Whatsapp us on +91- 9599090487 and let us know what your furry friend requires and we will get your order delivered.

My 4 mth old shih tzu is also infested with ticks, help?

My 4 mth old shih tzu is also infested with ticks I have used powder,protektor spray, also some very good american shampoos but they leave and come back again also I had my house pest controlled by specialized solution only for dog fleas but they are still there. Also is it normal for shih tzu to love water mine rushes in the bathroom to play with water maybe his body is itching so he wants to cool himself.
By meena · 16 Jul 2011 5:52 pm

Answer

 
By Navjot Singh · 17 Jul 2011 2:47 pm
Hi Meena, my personal experience says shampoos or any other anti tick product can kill only 60 percent of ticks at the most. The chances are 40 % ticks will still be there and will multiply in course of a week of so. Also, the more effective the product claims to be able to kill the ticks, the more toxic it is for the puppy. The chemicals can remove those natural oils from puppy coat that keeps the fur shining and smooth.
Having said above, I recommend you to manually remove the ticks from the coat using plucker. This requires a lot of care and patience but it ensure the ticks are removed from the coat and then killed. This manual tick removal process can then be supplemented by using an effective anti tick shampoo which can expose the ticks on the upper coat which then makes it easier to spot them and removed off.
Also, ticks make holes under the skin and then lay eggs
( resultant infection- Scabies ) so this essentiates the entire skin be disinfectened. Petcare's RIDD is one of these disinfectants . You must seek the vets advice about what quantity this medicine should be used.
Don't we humans like water in scorching heat?? Puppy tend to get overheated more than adult dogs so they use external environment to regulate their body temperature. If she lays down on wet floor, she may have small pimples which if catch bacteria can cause infection and itching. If that's the case, there are ointments available which can cure that.
No Comments · Post Comments
yashkant gaur
<p> I live in an apartment and require a small breed pup such as <u><strong><a href=\https://www.dogspot.in/shih-tsu/\>Shih ... Read More
By somidharay · Buying a puppy · 30 Jan 2016 11:07 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
My st.bernard is 2 and half months old how often can i bath her and what shampoo to use.
By Arun Rajendran · Buying a puppy · 28 Jan 2015 11:42 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
My lab is suffering from disease in which his skin drys off and it irritates him n he scratches n has almost lost all his hair coat. Have taken him to ... Read More
By Kunal Lakhani · Buying a puppy · 16 Nov 2014 12:10 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
How to keep My shih tzu's coat shiny,clean and Matt-free?Which Shampoo/conditioner to use? After a recent trim,His hair is all frizzy and woolly.He's ... Read More
By Arvind S · Buying a puppy · 08 Nov 2014 4:11 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have a four year old female pug. She got skin infection and black spots somewhere on her skin and itching on her skin. Although black spots ds'nt lo ... Read More
By RUBY · Buying a puppy · 08 Oct 2014 2:41 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
My GSD is full of ticks. The usual vet recommended Shampoo, Fipronil drops (Protektor) isn't working. Ticks are almost everywhere & are crawling aroun ... Read More
By Jamini Padhi · Buying a puppy · 30 Aug 2014 12:46 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have shih tzu 6 week old mail dog but nowday he is biting habit why ?
By Sudipta · Buying a puppy · 15 Jul 2014 3:55 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have a pure breed 3 month old shitzu pup ,her hair growth seems to be very slow.what can be the reason whereas her siblings of the same litter have ... Read More
By Anjali · Buying a puppy · 12 Jul 2014 10:56 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have a st. Bernard of 2 months old which is the best brand shampoo should I buy for him to clean and medicate him completely
By uj · Buying a puppy · 28 Jun 2014 10:50 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I want to feed my Shih Tzu puppy only vegetarian food. I checked only Drools seem to sell that. What do you guys think as Drools has mixed reviews
By Mohan · Buying a puppy · 18 May 2014 10:33 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
Wanted to know how much home cooked food to feed a 1 year old female Shih Tzu ? Want to stop commercial dog food totally, currently mixing a little ho ... Read More
By Amar Shah · Buying a puppy · 18 Feb 2013 4:51 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
Which shampoo should i use to give bath to my 3 month rottweiler puppy ??
By Shashank Baluni · Buying a puppy · 27 Oct 2012 8:09 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have 11 month old GSD male which is very healthy but from last 4 month facing shredding problem large amount of coats in every room and lawn in my ... Read More
By Vishal Sarathe · Buying a puppy · 03 Oct 2012 4:26 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have 3 questions, I have a Golden Retriever, he's 22 months old, I have never brushed his teeth and feel that I should do so now, can you help me wi ... Read More
By Bumzy · Buying a puppy · 11 Sep 2012 11:56 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have a 1yr ShiTsu cross Lhasa dog who was sent to a parlour for, shampoo, grooming. His hair was also trimmed short after a month as the hair starte ... Read More
By meena · Buying a puppy · 10 Mar 2012 10:07 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I would ;like to know t he best shampoo for dandruff and fleas for labrador . and can i start royal canin 4 my 4 year labrador if s then which one he ... Read More
By savio · Buying a puppy · 15 Feb 2012 1:32 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
<p> My two month old <a href=\https://www.dogspot.in/shih-tsu/\>Shih Tzu</a> puppy went for a regular checkup to the CGS hospital ... Read More
By Aishwarya · Buying a puppy · 17 Sep 2011 5:30 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have a healthy cute Female Shih Tzu (18 months) and looking for a suitable mate for her in Pune. Kindly get in touch with us on 97654 01542 for fur ... Read More
By jyoti sawant · Buying a puppy · 19 Aug 2011 11:10 am · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
Hi friends, my 6-month cocker spaniel had some lesions --raised crusty spots--in the arm pit and now shows some on his neck also--he scratches these s ... Read More
By lila iyer · Buying a puppy · 06 Aug 2011 9:07 pm · Reply Now
yashkant gaur
I have a 4 mth old shih tzu pup and I am fed up of getting him to potty train, I have tried all kinds of methods like picking him up and locking him u ... Read More
By meena · Buying a puppy · 16 Jul 2011 5:34 pm · Reply Now

Ask a Question

Submit
Related Articles
 

Views and Articles are not endorsed by DogSpot.in. DogSpot does not assume responsibility or liability for any Comment or for any claims, damages, or losses resulting from any use of the Site or the materials contained therein. All contributions and Articles are owned by DogSpot.in.