SEE MY REPLY BELOW
1) I'm feeding him Royal Canin. I actually bought Pedigree 1kg because I thought he might need it in the begining but he instantly switched to RC and once I tried to give him pedigree but he never ate it! So he loves RC but what else does he needs in his diet? eggs? Calcium? Liv52? Fresh meat? Also, should I feed him raw meat or cooked meat and with or without bones? He is three months 14 days old now.
ROYAL CANIN IS A GOOD FOOD ALTHOUGH PRICEY. CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT PEDIGREE CAUSE THEY ARE GOOD TO ME BUT GENERALLY I DONT GIVE THEM TO MY DOGS - YOU CAN GUESS WHY.
TOY BREEDS DO NOT NEED THAT MUCH CALCIUM. A GOOD DIET IS ENOUGH. RAW MEAT IS BAD AS IT CONTAINS WORM EGSS WHICH COULD PASS DOWN. YOU NEED TO FEED YOUR DOG COOKED RED MEAT THAT IS CHOPPED NOT MINCED.
EGG YORK IS GOOD RAW. EGG WHITE IS BAD.
ONCE A DOG EATS RICE HE WOULD ALMOST NEVER GO TO PEDIGREE OR ANY DRY FOOD.
2) Training: When should it start? I have taught him the sit command and he obeys it very well, even when he is like 6 yards away from me and inbetween a full run, he dutifully sits down. I haven't been able to teach him anything else so any book/website I can follow or some tips from you guys?
THERE ARE SO MANY TECHNIQUES OF TRAINING. BE CONSISTANT IS WHAT I CAN SAY.
3) Taking him out and socializing: My vet says atleast 4 months of age when he is fully vaccinated. Though I have a big roof where he gets ample running and playing, I still want to take him out and we have two parks just facing my house! What to do?
DOGS NEED TO BE SOCIALIZED TO OTHER DOGS AND PEOPLE. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THEM. YOU DONT WANT A DOG WITH BEHAVIOR PROBLEMS. THE OUTING IS GOOD FOR YOU TOO.
4) TICKS: He had lots of ticks when he came, though the are few and far (I find like 1 daily), I want him to be comfortable and tick free. I bought NOTIX from my father's suggestion (He is a chemist, used to sell it some years back in his shop), it that good enough?
USE PRODUCTS SUCH AS FRONTLINE SPOT ON, ADVANTIX ETC.. SINGLE DOSE APPLICATION. OTHER STUFF ARE RUBBISH.
5) When he is super excited, he always wants to gnaw at my hand or any bare skin he sees. Is this just teething or can it develop into a problem later on? He stops immediately when I saw no in a strict tone though.
THIS SHOULD STOP OVER TIME. THESE ARE LOVE BITES.
6) MY SHOES! He has 23 toys but he still wants my shoes. I have been studying in the US and my friend used bitter apple to great effect. (Its a spray that you can do on furniture, etc and dogs wont bite, chew those things then). I couldn't find bitter apple in india and the next person that comes back is in Dec, so any ideas/ subsitutes or other techniques?
APPLE JUICE WORKS TOO, MIX WITH WATER TO KEEP COST LOW. NO SUGAR TYPE PREFERRED AS IT MAY ATTRACT ANTS. THIS IS A PASSING PHASE IN LIFE.
Ok I'll just make google click on submit your answer now :) He wants my attention and is furiously wagging his tail right now