Anil, I must say, you are an "Asset" for this website. After reading this website I understood why I can't control the menace caused by shedding in my Labrador. The kind of brush I was using- bristle brush- is not meant for removing dead hair but to dust off dirt and distribute oil all over the skin. The following are the brushes they recommend, to be used one after the other:
1) Short hair rake- to rake the dead coat out. The substitute of it can be pink zoom groom or shedding blade.
2) Slicker brush- to get out the clumps of hair, the rake missed.
3) Wide-toothed comb- to loosen any mats.
4) narrow-toothed comb- which according to the page, is a time consuming process.
5) Bristle brush- to catch any loose hair.
The sites also asserts the principle- the sooner the dead coat is removed, the sooner the new one will come out.
Excellent Anil!! Hats off to you...a commendable work!