It is good to see both the parents together and all the pups so that you know yes they are the parents etc. Do not pick up any pup before it is atleast 2 month old regardless of what people say.
You are willing to pay a good amount and the right amount for a good beagle, although price varies depending on the quality and the parents being champions etc.There are a couple of good breeders in Delhi, one is Ajay Pratap Singh and his kennel is called I think blue bells and he has a website so check it out. Another is in Gurgaon, email Gaurav at firstname.lastname@example.org
and he knows a good breeder in Gurgaon and will put you on to him. Now point wise:
1. Do your research on the net regarding the breeder and his dogs and also ask around.
2. Did you ask why the papers where not there and if sent for registeration then the puppies cannot be registered untill the mother and father are registered. See her imported papers etc. When imported.
3. No photocopies then it is fishy as all breeder keep photocopies just incase the original gets lost. How old are you as at times these brokers and not so good breeders try to take young guys or who dont know abt dogs for a ride.
4. 30 day pups are active for short time and then eat/ have milk and sleep. Do not buy a 30 old pup, it should be atleast 2 months old. Anyone selling before that is not a good breeder and is there to make money only.
5. A good breeder who has good dog/ valuable ones will take good care of them and will house them in a clean area to avoid infestions etc.
6. he is pressuring you into giving money which is not good at all. Wake away, does not seem to be a good breeder.
You have your fact and priorities right and I am happy as there are so many people who buy the first pup that comes across without doing proper research etc. take you time as it is going to be with you for the next 10 + yrs. I have already given you 2 breeders reference above, apart from that you have Mukul vaid in sanik farms, he is a breeder and judge so he should be a good bet also. Again his number etc will be on this website or on the net also. Otherwise let me know.
There are various shelters in delhi and they can help in adoption as these days so many pedigree dogs are up for adoption as people buy them without looking at the care and attention they require. Sai ashram is one who is on facebook also. They regularly have dogs and pups for adoption.
I will not advise you for maltese and bichon as they are no breeders here and will have to import one, again the cost plus the quality concern, If imported from the UK or US then the cost will be very high for a pet I think. Plus grooming concern etc. Lhasa are nice and since you have seen one you know the care needs etc. They will cost about 8 to 12 odd grand and will need their hair to be clipped in summer unless you keep it cool in the ac.
Hope I have been on help anything else contact me. All The Best!