Shocking! Acid attack on dog in Ahmedabad
09 Aug 2016
| by |
Another hideous offence has been added to the list. Recently, a complaint was registered at the Chandkheda police station stating that a stray dog was attacked with acid by a local resident. The insanity has touched another low here. What is worse is that the poor dog died because of acid. This hideous act of cruelty has been done by a Ketan Patel, a resident of Gujarat Housing Board, Chandkheda. The complaint was registered by Vishal Panchal, who is also a resident of the same area.
As per the complaint filed in the police station, Ketan Patel was annoying the dog and eventually threw acid on him, which led to the death of the poor mutt. This all happened near a tailor shop, called Rangoli Tailors on 28th July. Apparently, Patel has beaten up this same dog earlier as well.
Image Source: 1DayShow.com
An official from Chandkheda police station said, “The dog had developed burn injuries. It was under treatment, but failed to recover and died at 2 pm on Friday, after which Panchal has registered a complaint. We are yet to record Patel's statement in the case.”
It breaks our heart to see such dreadful and barbaric acts taking place and the government isn’t doing anything about it. The revision of the Prevention to Cruelty to Animals Act has become necessary now. People like Patel flee from punishments easily with a mere fine and roam free to commit such gruesome felony again.
Here, we urge and request the government to take action towards such people and revise the punishments and fines of Prevention to Cruelty to Animals Act.