How to Travel With Your Dog in Indian Railways.
10 Mar 2009
| by |
Train Travel Rules With Your Pet
* A passenger can take pet dog along with him in AC First Class or First Class only, provided he/she reserves either a two berth or a four berth compartment exclusively for his/her use, paying the due charges depending upon the type of train.
* Passengers traveling in other classes are not permitted to carry the dog along with them. But the dog can be booked and carried in the Luggage/Brake Van paying the charges depending upon the type of train. Specially designed Dog Boxes are available in the Brake Van for this purpose.
* Passengers may contact the Parcel Office to book their pet dogs.
* Passengers detected carrying dogs unbooked will be charged as per extant rules.
* Dogs when carried in the break-van and/or A.C.C. and first class passenger compartments will be charged for at Scale 'L'(luggage Rates)on the basis of weights indicated below, subject to a
minimum charge of Rs.10/- per dog, charges being Prepaid:- When carried in breakvan (Dog-Box) 30 kgs When carried in passengers compartments 60 kgs.
* "Seeing Eye" dog travelling with a blind person in the compartment (First class) will, however, be charged the same tariff as for dogs carried in brake_van. The dogs must be provided with
and Chains. Collars
* Owners should make their own arrangements for water and
during the journey. Dogs detected unbooked will be charged at six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a food for the dog minimum of Rs.50/-
* A passenger travelling in First Aircondition class or first class may take a dog into the compartment only with the concurrence of fellow passengers on payment of charges vide Clause(1) above.The charges are to be prepaid.
* If fellow passengers subsequently object to the dog remaining in the compartment, it will be removed to the Guard's van, no refund being given. Dogs detected unbooked with the passenger in IA and Ist class compartments will be charged six times the Luggage scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/-. A lady travelling alone with children under 12 years of age in a first class compartment may take with her in the compartment one dog on payment of charges at the Dog Box Rates, subject to a
minimum of Rs.10/-provided that if another lady enters the compartment, the dog can only be allowed to remain in the compartment with her consent.
* Any dog detected unbooked will be charged at double the dog-box rate for the distance up to the point of detection and at the dog-box rate for the distance beyond the total charge being subject to a
minimum of Rs.20/- for each dog.
* Dogs are not allowed to be carried in ACC Sleeper Coaches,Acc chair car coaches sleeper class and second class coaches.
* If a dog is found being carried in contravention of this rule,it will be removed immediately to the brake-van and charges will be levied six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a
minimum of Rs.50/- * Charge for dog carried in reserved compartments will be levied at the dog-box rate.Any dog tetected unbooked will be charged six times the Luggage Scale Rate subject to a minimum of Rs.50/- * Large dogs which cannot be carried in the dog-box of a brake van will be carried in a special vehicle at the same rates and conditions as for horses.
Online Dog Shop Dog Food Online Dog Bed Online